What does STNF do?
STNF contributes to conserving the Ecuadorian Amazon rainforest and its great biodiversity and helps protect the authentic ways of life of its inhabitants – the indigenous Huaorani – who live there.
How does the Foundation work?
TheHuaorani have asked for our help to protect this specific area. The close connections with the Huaorani, the local Ecuadorians and institutions are crucial.
The STNF foundation has founded the sister-organization CNBN in Ecuador to officially work on site.
The distribution of tasks is as follows:
- In The Netherlands:
- Creating awareness,
- Financial resource management.
- In Ecuador:
- The concrete implementation on-site,
- The collaboration with the Huaorani,
- Collaboration with the other local communities and institutions.
Why is conservation of the rainforest important?
Everything is connected. Conservation of the rainforest has a direct impact on our existence.
Due to deforestation
- The authenticly living Huaorani are threatened in their territory,
- The earth is warming up causing disasterous weather effects like drought and floods,
- A lot less oxygen is produced,
- Biodiversity will be lost and therefore we will lose the chance to discover life-saving medicine, materials and techniques, the fundamentals of which can be found in the rainforest.
Where do we protect the rainforest?
In the Amazon in Ecuador: the border area between the inhabited world and the Huaorani territory. Exactly this region is very important, so that the border does not move further into the rainforest and the Huaorani region can stay livable and pristine.
What do we need now?
- The formalisation of the purchased 450 hectares of rainforest,
- The organisation of patrols against illegal poaching and logging,
- The obtainment of the “Bosque Protector” status with which the purchased 450 hectares rainforest gets a protected status and more governmental support,
- The purchase of more rainforest to expand our impact.
How much has been achieved?
We have obtained and protected 450 hectares of rainforest already.
Frederique van der Wal, top model and entrepreneur has met and lived with the Huaoranis. She has personally felt and seen the importance of our cause. That is why she is passionately supporting us as STNF ambassador.
How can you support STNF?
Become part of the solution and support us!
- Contribute to Stichting STNF
IBAN (EUR) : NL41ABNA0572389256
IBAN (USD) : NL19ABNA0572697627
STNF has an ANBI status: so donations are exempted from taxes (Europe only)
Thanks to being a small organization, short lines and a direct approach, all the funds will directly and completely be assigned to our goals.